Since the hubs is leaving today to go to Mass all week, I decided that he needed one good ‘n hearty, last home-cooked meal before he lives off of fast food for the week. (I may be a tad bit jealous…seriously!).
After a quick browse of some popular blogs, I decided to make Caitlin’s Pumped-Up Corn Casserole, however, to make it extra appealing to the husband, I added cheese :).
The yummy ingredients include whole kernel corn, cream corn, tofu, corn bread mix, sour cream and cheese. Btw, Caitlin’s recipe calls for broccoli, however, I totally forgot the broccoli when at the grocery store. So no broccoli it is.
Adapted from Caitlin’s Pumped-Up Corn Casserole
- 1 box corn muffin mix (I used a box of the cheap Jiffy brand)
- 1 can of creamed corn
- 1 can of whole kernel corn
- 1 cup of sour cream (I used Cabot Reduced Fat=local and yum)
- 1/2 block of extra firm tofu, cubed
- 1 cup of cheese (I used mild cheddar, but sharp cheddar would be good too!)
Mix it all together. Put it in a greased baking dish. Bake at 350 for about 45 min. Viola!